Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Last Day of School

Well, this was our last day of school this year. Sarah was teaching (she does such a GREAT job!). The kids are sitting at the table doing lapbooking. They just finished their unit on the Civil War. Their lapbooks turned out really well! Way to go Sarah!
James, Sarah with Alex, Glenn
Payton getting her own education in the exersaucer.
James and Peanut working
Glenn and Caleb
Peanut and Christopher
It was a great year! We had a lot of fun and it was nice when our friends, the Balls, joined us these last few months. We sure will miss them when they move to Wyoming.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I didn't realize that you home schooled. That's so great. My friend Lydia lives in Alaska, and home schools her 5. She loves it.

Stephanie said...

Is that the same Lydia that lived in Florence for a while? Seems like I know the name...

Yes, I laughed right out loud when I read your 100 things post, "I went to public school and so do my kids." And then something about having friends that homeschool but it's not for you.

We've done it since Christopher was 2 (starting with Joy School). I don't know what we'll do next year. Things keep getting more and more hectic!

Bethany said...

Homeschool is something that I always wished I could do, but I do like the break from my kids. Isn't that terrible to say.

And yeah, Lydia and Jeff were in Florence with the Coast Guard. My family kind of adopted them, and she's like my big sister I never had.
They live in Kodiak now. She's awesome.

Stephanie said...

Not at all - it's human! That's why I'm not sure about next year...

Ok, I can picture her face. Kodiak huh? Chris would be so jealous! He worked a couple summers on the crab boats in Alaska - he would love to live there!

I say no thanks! ;o)