Monday, May 7, 2007

Time Out for Women

The Girls (left to right) Alicen, Star, Sarah, Elizabeth and Mom (holding Payton). It was fun to have so many friends from our different Stakes there!

So Friday and Saturday (May 4-5) TOFW came to Portland. My mom and I went a couple years ago when they were in Portland - it is a MUST HAVE experience! Every time I come away feeling so uplifted and so blessed to be a woman. Here are some pictures from it - they are NOT good though because I didn't get the camera from my husband before I left and so I had to use my phone cam. Oh well, the images will live on forever in my memory!

Sheri Dew (I know, bad pic)


Sharon G. Larsen
Michael McLean (REALLY bad pic, but he was fabulous!)


My FAVORITE PICTURE - Mom and I with Jane Clayson Johnson - I was just sobbing! I love her, and I loved her book!








8 comments:

Pinky said...

Boy you are so right! This is a MUST have experience. It was so Wonderful! I walked away having a stronger testimony of our worth in our Heavenly Father's eyes, and I know that I truely still don't fully comprehend that worth. But it was so SPECIAL to get to share that with my Daughter! Thank You!
Love You!

Pinky said...

Hey! I also think we need to go back to the Marriott and let room service pamper us again!

Stephanie said...

Definitely (the room service)!

Bethany said...

How fun! I wish I could have gone with my mom! She said it was awesome. Some day........

Stephanie said...

Yep, hopefully you'll make your way a little closer to her. Any idea when Brent's promotion will come through?

Bethany said...

it could be tomorrow, or it could be 6 months. Isn't waiting fun?

Beth said...

I am sooooooooo jealous! What an awesome experience and especially to get to share it with your mom! :) How fun. I was so happy to see pictures of you and your moms' smiling faces.. and what a cute little baby you have!!!!!!!!!! :)

Stephanie said...

It really was wonderful...we're plotting our next "getaway!"

Yes, we were smiling, but crying at the same time! I look like I'm grimacing! Oh well, it was a great moment!