This recipe was awesome! I LOVE Pecan Pie (by far my favorite), and this was a really fun twist on an old favorite. Very easy to make, so try it and let me know how it goes!
Caramel Pecan Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 - 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 28 caramel pieces, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked or frozen deep-dish pie crust
1. Melt caramels with Karo® and butter in covered double boiler or in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs. Gradually add caramel sauce and mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.
3. Bake at 350° for 50 - 55 minutes. Pie filling will appear to be very soft, but becomes firmer as it cools.
PS - I doubled this and used a whole bag of Kraft Caramels (it was 51 pieces, but it worked great).