Friday, February 15, 2008

Because he's THAT guy!




We love the Helzberg Diamond commercials! So for Valentine's Day my wonderful husband handmade me a beautiful card and a gorgeous envelope with the comment, "Because I'm THAT guy!" I was so surprised!! It was a thoughtfully written, time-consuming endeavor and it made me feel so special.

After he gave me my card, I went into the kitchen and started dishing up dinner (homemade chicken soup - we've all had the stomach flu this week...nice). He slipped a box to Laethym who ran it into the kitchen exclaiming, "MOM, look what "I" got you for Valentine's Day!!"

I opened it up to find a beautiful, braided charm bracelet (we can add charms to it throughout the years). So amazing! Again, I was COMPLETELY shocked! The poor guy was the last in our family to fall victim to this horrible stomach bug, which means he started puking at about 2 am Wed. morning. He managed to drag himself out of bed and get to work at 8am, then sat in negotiation meetings all day long and didn't get home until after 6pm. He didn't eat anything all day because he was so nauseous and did not want to puke any more, so he was white as a ghost by the time he got home. I don't know where he found the time (or energy) to make my Valentine's Day so special, but I sure LOVE HIM for it! ;o)

So Happy Valentine's Day to my ONE AND ONLY! Eight Valentine's Days together and we're still going strong...from here to Eternity. I love you, always.

"I lift thee, and thou me, and we ascend together."

On to the funny stuff...



7 comments:

Rebecca said...

What an Awesome hubby! Don't know why he wouldn't want to do something for someone as sweet as you though! I bet you make it easy for him to want to do things like that for you!

H-less E-less said...

I am so happy for you. Even amid the sickness your loving husband shines. The surprise is the best part having your daughter bring it to you. So happy you found each other.

And those commercials...hillarious! So glad you shared.

emily a. said...

What a sweet husband. I hope you guys finally get rid of all the yuckiness and have a week of health. That's a beautiful bracelet and it will be fun to have years worth of memories as you fill it up with charms.

Cami said...

What a guy! Hope everyone get healthy soon.

Robyn Barlow said...

The commercials were cracking me up! So glad you included them. Helped me make sense of YOUR card.

Becky said...

What a keeper! I love that he makes you laugh. I think every marriage needs a healthy dose of humor. And you will LOVE finding new charms for your bracelet. Kevin bought me an italian charm bracelet for my birthday a few years back and it's full now. I think I want to start one like your this time! Too fun!

Pinky said...

GOOD Job Son! ;o)