Friday, September 26, 2008

Try These: Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

These were delightful! I've been looking for a good whole wheat banana bread recipe, and finally decided to make up my own!
I made muffins because they're fun for the kids.
Stephanie's Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
2 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups, or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; Fold into the banana mixture until moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups until completely filled.
Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Cool before removing from the muffin tins.

Yield: 18 muffins

They disappeared quickly...try them!

5 comments:

Sarah Z said...

They look yummy! I've had some banana's in the freezer that I don't know what to do with (not a huge fan of banana bread) but I think I'm gonna try your recipe!

Stephanie said...

Sarah - you should!

If you're not a huge banana fan, then try cutting back on the bananas (1 or 2), and add 1 cup of another chopped fruit (pear, strawberry, blueberry, etc). It could be frozen fruit too.

Let me know how they turn out!

Betts Family said...

YUM. We make Milo's special muffins with bananas. We also like making banana pancakes! Tasssty. I like the cute little hands grabbing the muffins in the pictures.

C & C said...

Those look delicious! It looked like a little one was caught in the act!

Kate the Great said...

Oh my were they ever good.... I think they were eaten in record time today. Since you brought me some this morning, and they are already gone!!!

Thanks a bunch!