Thursday, January 28, 2010

Keepin' it real

Today, this is how my couch looked. I'm not the only one, right? Please tell me I'm not the only domestic goddess who can find ANYTHING else that needs to be done besides folding laundry. I figure - at least it's CLEAN.
My kids may be wrinkled, but hey, they smell good...

Photobucket

Things I'd rather be doing than folding laundry (lest you think I over-exaggerate):

Taking pictures
Editing pictures
Beating rugs
Blogging
Baking
Singing
Hair cuts
Making phone calls
Changing diapers
Watching infomercials
Unraveling a slinky
Sweeping and/or vacuuming
Washing and drying laundry
Doing dishes
Flossing
Driving...ANYwhere
Helping with homework
Combing gum out of hair
Selling Girl Scout Cookies
Reading
Making dinner
Trying to find that smell in the garage

Exercising?

...wait, nevermind, I'll go fold the laundry now.

What's your least favorite chore?

8 comments:

Becky said...

I'm with you on the laundry! I HATE folding laundry and it seems like it NEVER ends! I'm also not a fan of toilets!

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

I had more laundry than that yesterday, and it was horrible! But I did get it done, only to have 2 more loads to today... when will the work end??? Laundry is my least favorite chore... well, actually, potty training a child is my least favorite chore! So, I guess there is one more thing that tops my list! Good luck!

Sarah Z said...

c'mon steph, beating rugs?! Ugh!! As much as I hate to admit, I have come to not mind doing laundry. In fact, I recently started doing my 2-3 loads/week on different days so I am not overwhelmed with laundry in one day. This makes it so much better too! I can't stand unloading the dishwasher, although I don't think I'd rather be beating rugs. Come to think of it, I've never beaten a rug!

Kate the Great said...

You sofa looks like my whole apartment.... We ended up having to wash Everything we own because we had stuff in the storage and then we bombed all our clothes for the ants....ew!

The whole hallway to our bedroom, the whole apartment hallway, and the boys room are swimming in it. I am right there with you on hating laundry. I say anyone under the age of six should just run around in underwear! It would save the world so much useless laundry.

heheh

Evan and Charitie said...

I can only do fold laundry if it's right out the dryer on the day that I'm doing it. Otherwise, it drives me nuts. But I must say that ironing is my least favorite chore. That's probably why I try to fold laundry when it's still warm, then I don't have to iron it

April Irons said...

Folding the whites specifically or picking up the shredded grocery bags after Cinder has managed to get the kitchen drawer open. UGH!

Rebecca said...

Can I just say I am SO WITH YOU ON THIS! I dispise folding and putting away laundry!!!!! I would rather do the dishes, clean a bathroom, vacuum, mop the floor...anything! Okay I think picking up my kids room ranks up their with folding laundry! There is just something about knowing that there will ALWAYS be clothes to fold and ALWAYS have toys to pick up that makes me feel completely helpless and therefore I protest doing it!

emily a. said...

So overwhelming. I actually don't mind doing laundry so much but HATE cleaning bathrooms. Yuck, and they need to be done.