Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Florence Flashback Part 1

I'll be doing a few little flashbacks to our Florence vacation.  These are some random shots from the first couple of days there:

Walking onto the beach
Deciding to go to the beach one evening = 5 very excited kids who can't find their shoes
Finally getting to the beach and finding a place to park = having to PAY for a place to park (REALLY?)
Having a frantic mother/photographer who wants to catch the sunset before it's gone = 5 rushed kids who are certain that coats/scarves/shoes aren't really necessary
Hitting the beach just as the sun kisses the ocean = priceless

Girls in the surf 8-13-10 BLOG
i heart sister shots

Grandma holding Zeke at Sutton BLOG
Zeke falling asleep in Grandma's arms at Sutton Outlet

Grandma and Laethym
Grandma love!

Payton in tube 8-3-10
Payton playing in the tube at McDonald's Playland while we had lunch with Lyn

Laethym with Scrub Jay feather
Laethym was so excited by this Scrub Jay feather!

Mom on the beach
My mother is breathtakingly beautiful!  She is a wonderful grandma and such a light for our children to follow.  She is and always has been my rock.  For those who know her (or have seen previous pictures that I've posted), she has lost a lot of weight (I think it's about 80lbs now)!  I'm so proud of her!  Thanks for being my inspiration, mom!

Payton up close needing haircut
I just had to post this one.  I have NO idea what was up with her hair!  The funny curl on the side...what the heck?  I'm conflicted as to what to do with the child's hair.  It's borderline mullet.  Her bangs are getting to the point that they either need to be cut again, or her hair needs to be pulled up into a high ponytail on top of her head (or cut it all short).  Life is full of tough decisions, huh?  Maybe tomorrow I'll post some pictures of her with long and short hair and you can give me some input on what I should do.  SOMETHING has got to be done!  She's still so stinkin' cute though!

Grandma and Bup at Sutton
Grandma and Zeke.  He's a funny little guy.  Very shy and standoffish (with EVERYONE).  So it took him a couple days before he'd let grandma hold him (which broke her heart - really mom, it's HIM not YOU!).  This was the first time he hung out with her and let me leave to walk down to the water and be with the older kids.  Unfortunately, it came a bit too late.  After packing him on my hip (with my camera in the other hand) and hiking dunes, etc, I threw my back out that night.  No good.  It pretty much put the kibosh on most of our plans that week.  That and Payton kept spiking a high fever and vomiting.  Awesomeness was all around us.

Kids in surf
Love, love, love this shot.  I can't wait for next year when Zeke will be joining them in the surf...

7 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm with you LOVE the last shot! You're Mama is absolutely gorgeous! And what an awesome accomplishment to loose so much weight! Fabulous inside and out that lady!

Keri said...

I just love these pictures..They are wonderful. You do a awesome job and I wish I had you around take pictures of my family.Because mine never look that great. Your family is just beautiful!

Stephanie said...

@Becky: Thank you! I couldn't agree more about mom (but I'm prejudiced)! ;o)

@Keri: Welcome to my blog! Thank you for visiting, and for your kind words!

Theres just life said...

I love the picture of your mom that has to be my favorite. You can see the beauty comes from the inside to the out.

Sarah Z said...

Love the pics Steph! The reflection on the wet sand is amazing!

whitey said...

I came over from flickr yes your Mom is beautiful love the beach picture with the sun behind her.

Stephanie said...

@Pam: Thank you, she is beautiful!

@Sarah: I love the reflection on the beach too!

@Whitey: Thank you for stopping by! It's always great to have new visitors! Please come again! ;o)