Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crazy little thing called blogging

The world is such a small place.  You know how even when you live in a large-ish city (58,000), you still run into someone you know every time you go to the grocery store?  I love that.  Unless I'm in my grubbiest clothes with no make-up.  Then it's a little awkward. 

Well, the WWW is like that too.  That's right, the World Wide Web.  Do people still call it that?  I don't even type "www" for a web address anymore.  I'm suddenly feeling a little lost.  Help me. 

Anywho, the WWW is like the grocery store/restaurant/coffee shop/park that you visit every week (day?) and always wind up running into someone you know or making a new friend.  AND, it doesn't matter if I show up in grubbies (or pjs)!  Did I mention I love that?

Well, one of my new friends that I'd like for you to meet is Pamela Jo at Theres Just Life.  We met while hanging out a PW's place, 'cause we're cool like that!  She has been so kind to always pay a visit and tell the kids how nice they look.  Well, last week she came bearing gifts: a shout out to my lil 'ol family photo blog (and a few others who are far more talented than I)! 

It was like being the new kid in school and having the sweet and funny, popular girl come over to show you around...and introduce you to her friends (who also happen to be sweet and funny)!  I just wanted to throw my arms around her and give her a great big hug!  Because now I have several new friends that I hope to run into while browsing the isles of the Blogosphere!

So here is where I return the kindness and pay it forward!  For your very-much viewing enjoyment, a few of the new places I have found to hang out...because they are totally people that I would sit down and have a cup of hot chocolate with!

Zenmaster Lauren - Like my friend, Pamela Jo, I found Lauren through PW.  Her photography is art.  It is beautiful and inspiring and well worth your time!

Sheye Rosemeyer - A wonderful photographer from the land of Oz.  She has the most heartbreaking story of loss and the love of a family who has been tested and tried and found steadfast.  I admire her so.

Bubba-Loo Photography - I met Kelly at the Blue Lily workshop that we attended in August.  She is a new and very talented photographer in the Carlsbad, CA area (and traveling to UT)!  She just launched her adorable site yesterday, so I had to give a shout out to her for all of her hard work!  You go girl!

Just a few awesome peeps to keep an eye on.

Thank you all for stopping by and being friends...and not judging me if I choose to wear pjs while I blog!  I appreciate the many helping hands...and I hope to return all of the kindnesses shown to me

Because I firmly believe...that many hands make light work!
DSC_2767-FADE-copy
Avonleigh's adorable little soccer team transporting the ball bag across the field.

2 comments:

zenmasterlauren said...

Awwww thank you so much for the shout out!!!! I love reading your blog and I just love your photos!!! Can't wait to see what is next :) Thank you--- oh p.s. the blog winner will be chosen at random, so you still totally have a chance!

Stephanie said...

@Lauren - Happy to do it! Great job on the giveaway. I need to start doing some...just deciding when and what...hehe