Monday, March 7, 2011

Mundee Schmundee

It's Monday.  I totally knew it was Monday (I'm keen like that).  It's the day when the house gets a little love (I use the term "little" very loosely), I do the weekly grocery shopping, run to and from school about 4 times, basketball practice for 2 (at the same time, in different locations), pick everyone up, get homework going, make dinner, clean up, hold Family Home Evening, prayers then bedtime!  Whew, I'm exhausted all over again just typing that.

Now, that may sound crazy (and not-so-different from your daily schedule, am I right?), but I must give huge props to my wonderful husband.  His appointments got cancelled today and he spent the time working at home.  My Mr. Charming watched the younger kids, so I could pick up Avonleigh and do the grocery shopping, then he volunteered to pick up the older kids from school, and THEN he made dinner!  Not just any dinner (come on, you're thinking mac 'n cheese, aren't you?), he made 2 kinds of herbed salmon fillets with a citrus yogurt sauce, buttered corn and salad.  It was exquisite.  I love him so much!

My Avonleigh spiked a fever tonight and was happy to fall into bed right after family prayer - poor kid!  And now, as I am sitting here, I have a fever.

Yep.  It's Monday alright.

I ran across this picture of Laethym that I took nearly 3 years ago.  I love it.  And, her expression is pretty much how I feel about Mondays.  Love this girl!

No comments: