Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life's A Beach

Avonleigh got to take the first field trip of the school year (of our kiddos) - and boy was she thrilled!  It was really fun for me to be able to chaperon her trip to the North Jetty.  We went to a little alcove that I had never been to.  I have no idea how I could have grown up here - hung out at that jetty a gajillion times and still didn't know about this place!  It was magical.  I can't wait to take the fam there!

The kids spent time wading through the cold, shallow waters looking for hermit crabs.  They must have collected more than two dozen.  It was pretty cute to see some of their reactions to the crabs and other interesting marine life they discovered. 

Then they moved down the beach a bit to play in the water, build sandcastles and forage around for debris.  It was just a really wonderful trip.  I think I would like to be a first-grader again - for a day.  But for this season of my life, I get to be a mother.  And I will continue to relive childhood through my children's experiences - it's so much better the second time around.



 






No comments: