Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Weigh-in

I love Mondays - really!  I love stepping on the scale each week and seeing those numbers go down (and recalculating my water requirements and how many more lbs to lose before reaching my goal...I could go on)!


So imagine my disappointment (shock, really) when I weighed-in last Monday (10/3) and found that I was only down 1 lb!  *One. stinkin'. pound.  Well, I wallowed and whined and wondered what I was doing wrong (in a very mature manner, I assure you).  I called my coach and talked to her about what could be wrong.  And really, the more I thought about it, the more I realized it was all my fault!  I hate when it's my fault - when I have to admit wrong doing.  Does that sound like pride to you?  YOU BET IT IS!  I was being so prideful (and whiny).  I let doubt slip into my head for the first time in 5 months.  At that point I was down 83 lbs and I was complaining?!  Seriously, I needed to be slapped!  But, it brought me to a humbling place.  A place where I had been not so long ago...so vulnerable...so scared...so unsure.  And it gave me a greater appreciation of what my newest clients are going through right now.  The further I get down this road of learning and growing, the more I am able to help others and forget myself, but I don't want to EVER forget who I was (or what I was reduced to) at my lowest place - or where I've come from.


My coach gave me some really good suggestions to speed things up again.  I was definitely incorporating too much peanut butter (it's my favorite) into my daily foods.  It's funny how you indulge just a little bit, but then it makes you want more.  So I decided for the following week to cut out peanut butter all together - I love it, but it's just food and totally not worth it to me right now.
I was also not drinking enough water.  I know how important water is to our system, but I was just not doing it!
Another downfall was not getting all of my meals in (big no-no).  Again, I was just letting life get in the way and choosing not to take care of myself.


So, as you can see, making changes in your life isn't always easy.  I'm not always pleasant to be around when I've missed a meal or when the scale doesn't move the way I'd hoped it would.


But I can promise you this...it won't always be easy, but it will always be worth it.


I'm happy to report that after making those changes and getting back to basics last week, when I stepped on the scale this morning, I was down 4 lbs!  HALLELUJAH!


My stats so far:
current weight: 228 lbs
total loss: 87 lbs BAY-BEEEE!


*Let me just say that I know I shouldn't have been disappointed over a 1 lb loss.  It's still a loss, and that one pound could have been a 1 lb gain and then, well...you know how things snowball from there.  So, a loss is a loss...as long as it's not a gain (sounds like something Yogi Berra would say, no?)!


Here's to making healthy choices, pushing through the hard stuff and kissing pride goodbye...because it's TOTALLY worth it!


xoxo,
~Steph

3 comments:

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

"it's just food" - Words of wisdom!

50 Toes Photo said...

It's true...but very hard to believe when you have emotional ties to it! It's amazing what you can change when your blood sugars are balanced and you have no cravings!

Katie D said...

87 pounds? Stephanie, you're amazing! /cheer