Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lean and Green Meal Idea

This is what we had for dinner last night....it was YUMMMMMMY!

(iPhone pics)
 We used some Chicken Apple Sausages (that we'd gotten on clearance at Fred Meyer and stuck in the freezer) and sauteed them with broccoli, cauliflower, colored bell peppers, red onion and spinach.  We also threw in some Montreal Steak Seasoning and viola!  SO good and filling and healthy - my favorite 3 things in a meal!

And this is how we changed it up for the kidlets:
Chicken Apple Sausage
Broccoli
Onion
Colored Bells
Cauliflower
Apples
Pineapple
Montreal Steak Seasoning

And to really kick it up a notch, we skewered those ingredients and roasted them!

The kids LOVED this meal (both sauteed and roasted)!  It was easy and pretty fast, so I would definitely say, "Give it a try"!

3 comments:

BlueAmy623 said...

Yummy...and healthy....and kid friendly....and beautifully presentable....yummy!!!

Stephanie said...

Soooo yummy! You'll have to give some of these a try and let me know what you think! ;o)

Tracy meyer said...

So I see this and I think yummy and wonderful then I think but wait....it has onions and fruit (no things during fat burning stage). I am still learning the ins and outs so help me get straight in my head all about this please?