Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Weigh-in

Happy Monday all!  After a super busy week (lots of work, most of it while sitting on my butt), I was less-than-surprised to find the following results:

Last week's weight: 191
This week's weight: 190

Yep, just one pound.  I haven't had this little of a loss since October, and I wrote about it HERE.  So, I am revamping again - I know the little tweaks that help and the areas that need improvement.  I love knowing how to fuel my body properly and what I need to do to keep it running at its optimal level.  I have an incredible program, I have amazing health coaches guiding me and I have the pleasure and ability to share that with others.  I am so blessed.

For those who are interested, here's what I'll be working on this week:

*Increase water intake (I should be drinking 95oz each day & probably have been closer to 75oz)
*Get moving (to start my day off on the right foot, I will do the elliptical every morning for 20 min, plus incorporate extra movement into daily tasks)
*Cut out snacks (I'm pretty good about not having snacks, but I did indulge in some almond butter a couple of days this last week. I also have been choosing some of the higher calorie maintenance meals instead of the regular ones that I need to stick to)
*Watch condiments (again, we're pretty good about this, but we will be extra vigilant in monitoring our condiments for our Lean & Green's)
*Get plenty of sleep (this is vital to ones overall well-being and I have been really bad about it lately - we have set a schedule for ourselves for this week, so we are sticking to it and I think that will help a lot!)

So, I guess I'll let you know next Monday how everything paid off!  I know it will make a huge difference - and I can't wait to be in the 180's!  Wowza!!

I had an epiphany this week.  While on the phone with a new client, I was told how they'd been following my blog for quite some time and how much they enjoyed it (I'm not bragging...yet).  Then they remarked, "I don't know how you put yourself out there like that, it's so brave and inspiring - I mean, I know how much you WEIGH!" BWHAHAHAHA - I love this!  

It really got me to thinking (hence the epiphany): I would never have "put myself out there" before.  Ever.  As the perpetual fat kid, who went to great lengths to hide her weight, it seems crazy to post it on this blog every week for all to read.  Maybe I am crazy?  But I don't think so.  I do it because I am not the same person I was 8 months ago (or 8 years ago!) - I don't want to be.  I have taken the best of Stephanie, the things that really make me, me and tried to bring them into harmony with the new me - the one who loves herself and her body (this is a work in progress, of course)!  I am trying hard not to be ruled by fear.  If I do things that take me outside of my comfort zone and survive (I always do), then I'm that much braver (is that a word) and continue to challenge those things which once held me captive.  

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature...avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." 
~Helen Keller 

I'm pretty proud of this 190 lb body!



Please disregard the dog...and the messy shelves...and my  ghost hands. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. ;o)

4 comments:

FYI said...

It makes me so happy to see you having so much fun expressing yourself through your clothes. You're an artist, so why not be a walking canvas. So fun... and hey, you must be doing something right, most people would LOVE to lose "just a pound" in a week. Your clients are very lucky to have you. You put yourself out there to inspire hope, and you have inspired me. Thanks so much.

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

You are blessing a lot of people by putting yourself out there. Thank you!

Megan and Ben said...

I love looking at your blog too! You just make me smile. So proud of you!

Stephanie said...

@FYI - Thank you! Yes, "just a pound" is still a great feeling towards a loftier goal! Love ya!

@Polly - You are so welcome!

@Megan - Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate you telling me that! Hope you are all doing well! Congrats on your newest edition - can't wait to see pics!!