Saturday, February 11, 2012

And then I got my hairs did

I have been toying with the idea of cutting my hair for quite some time.  I didn't know if I was ready to chop it all off, or if it was just a change that I was needing.  So naturally I did what any other self-respecting woman would do:  I scoured Pinterest.  I found all kinds of favs that made it onto my hair-dorable board:

The short:
I love it...but am I brave enough? Probably not.

Cute, short & full!

The long:
Bangs

layers...

The bangs:
zoey bangs

Bangs bangs bangs!
Don't you love them all?  I had to go through and decide what my fine, thin hair could realistically handle.  I really loved the 2nd short hair above, but I know I could never achieve that kind of volume on a daily basis (or for any length of time)!  So that was out.

I definitely decided that I wanted to keep some length...which still leaves things pretty wide open when you're dealing with this:

This is why I never left my hair down.  Long, scraggly, boring. The end. (not really)

So I called a friend from church - the adorable Calista - and asked her if she had any openings before I left for Vegas on the 16th.  It wasn't looking good, but she said she'd give me a call when she got into work.  She called about 10 minutes later (8:45am) and said, "I forgot that my 9am is open today...can you make it?!"

Guys, I hadn't even showered yet - of course I told her I would be there!  I had to forgo the shower - this was serious business.

I walked into the adorable Beyond the Salon at 9:05


Calista went straight to work!  I showed her my pinterest board and she knew just what to do! 

This is Carissa, Calista's big sister - she also owns the salon.  You can tell good genes run in the family - beautiful, kind, lovely ladies!  We had a good time!

And the finished product:  

Bangs!!  I am all kinds of happy about this!  I've been reunited with my twelve-year-old self - she missed me. 

Mr. Charming likes it too!

And I can still rock the ponytail



I was able to style it myself the next day!  Hooray!


Thank you so much Calista & Beyond the Salon for saving my turkey bacon and making me feel beautiful!  I love the new do. 

My twelve-year-old self thanks you too!

8 comments:

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Wow!!! Stephanie you look perfect with bangs!

Evan and Charitie said...

Oh my stars, you look absolutely amazing! The bangs are so complimentary on you and you still have your beautiful long hair. I LOVE IT! Have an amazing time in Vegas girl, you've earned it! WOW!!!

Jessica said...

Diggin' it! When I mentioned a couple weeks ago on fb that I was going to chop my hair off after reaching my first goal, the first pic on here is exactly what I had in mind. Love it!

FYI said...

Do you have layers? It's really cute!

Kim Wilcken said...

I Love love love it. You look gorgeous!!!!!

kg said...

I love it!!

Nikky :) said...

WOW! I love it! That makes you look like 50 pounds lighter. Seriously!

Stephanie said...

@Polly - Thank you! I'm so happy with the bangs!

@Charitie - Thank you - I love it too! I'm so excited for Vegas! ;o)

@Jess - I think you would look amazing with that cut!

@FYI - Yes, I have long layers - thanks!

@Kim - Um...hello...I love you! Thank you for the compliment! Hope you are well!

@kg - Thank you!

@Nikky - Thank you - I think the bangs really help thin out my face - or something like that! Thanks for commenting!