Friday, February 24, 2012

Feliz Cumpleaños Christopher!

Our eldest child - the one who made parents out of us (and we a guinea pig of him), turned 11 today!  I can't believe I have an 11 year old!  
So in honor of Christopher, here are some (11 not counting the duplicates!) of my favorite pictures of him from this past year:
First day of school in Florence!  It was awesome, just seconds before I snapped these pictures, "someone" locked my keys in the car (along with all the backpacks & lunches)...it was a rad way to start the school year.


Me and my big guy on a field trip at the beginning of the year. 


Best zombie EVER! 

Daddy passing the Christmas-tree-cutting-torch (er, saw) down to Christopher for the first time. 
Does he look a little scared?  


If you haven't already noticed by the recurring sweatshirt, guess who his favorite college sports team is? 

GOOOOO BEAVS!!


He is always so good with his little brother.  I'm so glad they have each other. 

His heart broke when Payton had to be hospitalized again.

My smiley boy on a hot, summer day!


Hanging with cousins at Ollie's pirate party!


Way back in March - a quick shot after his basketball game - look how much he thinned out this year!  Crazy!

Happy Birthday, Buddy!  We love you!  May your next 11 years give you much fulfillment and joy (& us, fewer gray hairs)!

You can read about Christopher's crazy-awful-amazing birth story HERE.  

And his birthday last year HERE.

1 comment:

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Christopher, Happy Birthday!