Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Weigh-in and the Week Ahead

I can not believe another week as passed already!  Where did it go?  We  had so much going on and big plans for exciting stuff (guys, I can't wait to share with you!!!), that it seemed to go by in the blink of an eye!  And nothing makes the weekend fly by like being stuck in bed all day!  

So...why do I look forward to Mondays?  It's weigh-in day! You may remember from last week that I didn't lose much and was going to revamp my schedule, right?  Well, let's find out if it paid off.  Here's what I said last Monday:


*Increase water intake (I should be drinking 95oz each day & probably have been closer to 75oz)
*Get moving (to start my day off on the right foot, I will do the elliptical every morning for 20 min, plus incorporate extra movement into daily tasks)
*Cut out snacks (I'm pretty good about not having snacks, but I did indulge in some almond butter a couple of days this last week. I also have been choosing some of the higher calorie maintenance meals instead of the regular ones that I need to stick to)
*Watch condiments (again, we're pretty good about this, but we will be extra vigilant in monitoring our condiments for our Lean & Green's)
*Get plenty of sleep (this is vital to ones overall well-being and I have been really bad about it lately - we have set a schedule for ourselves for this week, so we are sticking to it and I think that will help a lot!)


1) Water intake - I consistently drank between 90-110 oz of water every day except Sunday
2) Get moving - I did my elliptical workout every day except the on the weekend
3) Cut out snacks - I completely cut out my snack and any extras that I was letting creep in
4) Watch condiments - Mr. Charming and I were very careful to keep our condiments in check and not add too many carbs into our meals - we still ate like Kings!
5) Get plenty of sleep - I was probably the least attentive to this one - we tried to stick to our schedule, but had a few nights of kids getting up to throw up or with nightmares, etc., so a lot of broken sleep. Overall, we did ok.  If I counted how many hours I slept yesterday, it would totally make up for those other nights! hehe

So, I was really happy with my efforts this last week - and really grateful that, even though I had the flu, I didn't have vomiting or diarrhea to dehydrate me!  

So did it all pay off?


Did I make the 180's??




Is the suspense killing you???





Last week's weigh-in: 190 lbs


This week's weigh-in: 184.6 lbs!!!!!!  A total loss of 5.4 lbs!!


Oh yeah baby!  Stick to the plan, get some exercise, drink your water and BAM! you'll lose like crazy! hehe

I have no idea when in my lifetime I was in the 180's - had to be middle school...probably 6th or 7th grade (I know it wasn't 8th grade)!  

I'm off to enjoy my stomach-cramp-free day and get movin'!  Super busy day of consult calls and several new clients signing up!!  I love what I do - I love helping people discover the strength within themselves to find success!  It's possible!  

Love you all!  Thank you for reading and sharing my journey!  I want to give each of you a great big hug!  

Have a healthy week - you can do this!

------

Coming up this week on the blog:

Tuesday: Lean and Green goodness - Tuna Steaks
Wednesday: Health tip - benefits of seafood
Thursday: Recipe - the PERFECT omelet
Friday: Family fun - what have we been up to this week?
Saturday: Healthy kids - how to pack healthy school lunches

4 comments:

HeatherDeehodgepodge said...

Yay on reaching the 180s :) you're my hero Steph.

Stephanie said...

Aw, thank you Heather! I just want others to see that it's possible! ;o)

Rosemary V.Martinez said...

Great goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too Great. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a wonderful site.
La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

china paint girl said...

I found your site by accident, but we all know often there are no accidents! Thank-you for providing the great opportunity for modeling all the wonderfully healthy goals you met last week!!! Lost 5.2 this last (first week), but as so many know, it is consciously making the right choices, just for today:)

Mary (Seabrook, TX)