Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Weigh-in, Week Ahead & i get by with a little help from my friends



Pin It

Good morning y'all (really is it ya'll or y'all or ya all? my grammatical ocdness cannot handle it)!!  It's a semi-gloomy day here on the Oregon Coast - but at least it's not raining (for now)!

Another busy week has come and gone.  Did you see what we were up to last week?  
Find out here:

Monday: Weigh-in
Tuesday: Lean and Green goodness - Tuna Steaks
Wednesday: Health tip - benefits of seafood
Thursday: Recipe - the PERFECT omelet
Friday: Family fun - Zeke turns 3!!
Saturday: And then i got my hairs did
Sunday: Yeah right! Day of rest, baby!

So I was totally looking forward to today's weigh-in and all, but I started feeling kinda icky later in the week.  Not sick, just blah.  And wouldn't you know it...Aunt Flow came for an early visit! WTH? I know you read that as "heck"...cause, ya know...good girls don't curse (in public). ;o)  But seriously, I am regular as regular can be - so 4+ days early...just wrong.  I guess it's a blessing in disguise, because I leave for Vegas on Thursday and I really didn't want to be on day 1 or 2...know what I mean?  TMI?  I love my readers! 

I also increased my exercise this week (and decided to go for a longer-than-usual run - I couldn't help it, I love to run)!  So with everything going on, I ended up with a very slight loss:

Last week's weight: 184.6
This week's weight: 184 even

Yep.  Half a pound - but still a loss! ;o)  I'm not the least bit worried.  I am beginning my weight training as well, so I know the muscle will add some weight to the scale while removing fat from the body!  I'm having my body fat composition monitored so I'll have the most accurate idea of where I want to be!  I'm so excited!!  I'll post all of those stats here (hopefully next week) when I get my results in the mail (blood work and all!).

-----

We have a really exciting week ahead - seriously, you won't want to miss a single day!  Here's a sneak peak:

Tuesday: Valentine's recap (i love, love)
Wednesday: The world's bestest, most healthiest muffin recipe (as seen HERE)
Thursday: (i leave for Vegas!!) Mr. Charming will be giving you the BEST weight loss secret - EVER.
Friday: It's a first, it's exciting...it's a surprise...and you won't want to miss it!!
Saturday: Part II of said surprise...SQUEEEE!!!

-----

And lastly...this:
OK READERS: I'm looking for people to be GUEST BLOGGERS in the near future.  Topics will include: Health & Wellness, Fitness (weight loss, exercise tips, etc), Food (recipes), Fashion, Photography, Crafts (DIY, handy tips, etc), Music and Vlogs (ideas, etc).  I want to keep the blog format the same - pictures and narrative.  So if you have an idea you'd like to share, leave a comment, email me at szahlmann AT gmail.com or find me on FB, HERE.  

Here's the deal guys - this little blog is getting out there!  I know we have quite a few readers (the stats have been going crazy).  I think most people tend to not leave a comment (obviously), so I don't get a lot of feedback from my readers if they don't comment.  I want to know what it is that draws people here - is it just a cozy place to hang (i hope so)?  What makes you want to come back every day, every week?  What makes you want to recommend it to your friends?  I love the direction we're heading and we've got some big plans - I can't wait to clue you all in, when the time is right.  I also want to diversify and have some awesomely creative guest bloggers on here - it takes a village, right?  

So would you do me a favor?  Would you please let me know the answers to my questions above?  I would SO love to hear from YOU!  Feel free to do it privately at: szahlmann AT gmail.com

And please pass this on to your friends!  We're working on a blog button for sharing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You're all ROCK STARS!!

-----

Speaking of ROCK STAR...did you see Adele's Grammy performance last night (or her SWEEP of all 6 categories she was nominated for??)?!!  That woman is CRAZY-TALENTED!  Love, love, love her!!

1 comment:

FYI said...

You must weigh before you get on that plane for Vegas, because I guarentee you will be in the 170's WHAT? That, my dear, is very exciting. You're an inspiration, and I love it that you say you are getting an idea of where you want to be, and not that you are obsessed with some arbitrary number on a scale. Keep it up!