Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lean Beef & Veggie Kabobs with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts


Here's another great Lean & Green recipe that you all should try. Now I have not been a big fan of Brussels sprouts in the past, but these were especially yummy! The Skewers were DIVINE and complimented the Brussels sprouts nicely! Enjoy!
 

Assemble your skewers with your choice of lean meat, peppers and onions (we used steak, red, yellow, and green peppers, and red onions). We brushed them with just a little A-1 steak sauce before we cooked them.


Wash and cut your Brussels sprouts. The smaller sprouts can be left whole. Add a little EVOO to a non-stick saute pan and start cooking the sprouts. These will take about 15 - 18 minutes to cook, so it's a good idea to start these first. Cook on medium to medium high for 15 - 18 minutes. Turn them often, so they don't burn. Add in salt and pepper to taste and a little lemon juice (2 table spoons).


Spray a large pan with some non-stick cooking spray and add in the kabobs, Cook these on medium high heat until the meat is done to your liking. Rotate the kabobs every couple minutes, total cooking time for the kabobs is about 10 minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste or any other great steak seasonings.


These kabobs would also be extra yummy cooked out on a BBQ grill! Serve 2 kabobs with 1-1/2 cups of Brussels sprouts. YUM!

 
Try them today! Let us know what you think or how you would change it up! 
 

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil (for the pans)
  • 1 teaspoon A-1 steak sauce
  • 3 cups Brussels sprouts
  • Your choice of peppers & onions to go on the skewers
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Your favorite lean meat (we used steak)

2 comments:

Sabrina O'Malley said...

This looks very yummy, I will have to try it. I also enjoy your blog, I check in often. I wanted to tell you I have tried taking the quiz several times but it always shows an error after a few pages. It has given me some things to think about. Looks like I have some work to do. Take care

Chris & Stephanie said...

Thanks so much for the comment Sabrina! This meal was REALLY good, please let us know how you liked it and what the fam thinks. Thanks for checking in on the blog, it's great to have the feedback!

I "think" I have fixed the link to the health quiz, so when you have time you can finish it up. It has really helped me rethink my health strategies and get a better idea of where I need to improve! Thanks so much again and have a great 4th!