Lean and Green Shrimp Skewers!
Are you guys ready for the most delicious and yummy shrimp that you have ever tasted? These shrimp skewers will knock your socks off. The flavors are amazing and they are good for you as well. WIN / WIN! These would be perfect for the summer BBQ, out on the deck, chilling with the family! Try them today!
If you’re looking for a little motivation to slim down this summer, check out our Summer Slim Down Challenge HERE! This meal would be a great healthy way to get started!
- Juice from 2 limes (freshly squeezed)
- 2 packets splenda
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh vegetables (onions, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
1. Stir together the lime juice, splenda, chili garlic paste, soy sauce, and oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss well to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for one hour to marinate. Place wooden skewers to soak in warm water.
2. Cut veggies into large chunks for skewering.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
4. Remove skewers from the water, pat dry, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Skewer the shrimp and veggies. Grill the shrimp on the grill on both sides until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes per side.
5. Sever with a side salad and ENJOY!
Notes: For those not on the 5&1 plan, add fruit to the skewers for some added flavor. Pineapple would be great!